Improve communication amongst teams - have transparent method for player call-ups
- Improve communication amongst coaches, tech committee
- Follow Long Term Athlete Development Model
- Provide incentives and playing opportunities to a greater number of players in the club players
- Show parents that incentives are provided to a greater base of players
- Protect the needs of each individual team and its players
- Improve club atmosphere (We instead of Me)
- Build positive working relationships with other clubs in Alberta.
- Players registered on your team, should be getting priority over called up players. Call up players should not take over a position on the team.
- Player selection to be done on a rotational basis as per Long Term Development Model with consultation of head Coach whose players are being considered
- Player’s age group team is the priority. If there are scheduling conflicts, the player stays with his age group. At this time, team in need of players will need to look into the Lethbridge House League and at out of district players
- Regardless if call-up is from within LFC, House League, or out of district a written request must be sent by the coach, reporting any player asked to participate in a session, exhibition game and tournaments to the current LFC Program Director at the earliest possible date
- House League Call-ups - LFC Program Director must be contacted first with notice of who is being used and for how many sessions - refer to 5 Day Policy.
- Out of District Call-ups - Tech Director and Program Director must be contacted first, who will facilitate contact with the other district
- Emergency Call-ups ( less than 48 hours) - 1) contact Technical Director 2) technical Director will consult Head Coach to see who should be considered for call-up based on effort, attendance, ability, behavior
- A “Fair Play” policy will be followed for all call ups. Once approved, this document will be sent out to all parents and will be discussed by the coaches to their respective teams.
5 Day Policy - When dealing with calling up players inside our district that do not play LFC, we will continue with the 5 day policy. As in the past, each game or practice is counted as a session. Once a call-up player has been involved with the team for 5 days, that individual must make a decision to register for LFC or stop playing with the club.
“Fair Play” Policy - This coaching philosophy will be used for players who are called up to a team so that they have a positive learning experience. Fair Play means that when all players behave properly, show up to all practices on time, are healthy, exhibit a positive attitude, and try their best, then they all deserve to play in every game. Fair Play is not necessarily the same as Equal Play. Equal Play means that no matter *--what, all players receive the same amount of play time every game. All coaches are encouraged to share their playing and substitution philosophy with the players and parents on a continual basis as it may be dependent on the opposition, competition, or individual factors.