Alberta Soccer Association Communications Coordinator Job Posting
August 16, 2021
RE: Alberta Soccer Association Communications Coordinator
Alberta Soccer is excited to recruit for the position of Communications Coordinator. This position will be responsible for consistent messaging and branding of the Association while increasing the Alberta Soccer presence on a variety of Social Media platforms.
A new focus to this role will be to recruit players, coaches, officials and volunteers in partnership with Alberta Soccer Membership via various communication initiatives.
This position will require excellent verbal and written skills. The successful individual will be enthusiastic, creative and self-driven.
The Job Description is found below.
Salary will be reflective of experience.
Closing Date for Applications - September 10, 2021
Resumes are to be emailed to Lisa Grant (email@example.com) with the subject line
“Alberta Soccer Communications Coordinator Application”
Any questions about the role can be submitted to Lisa Grant.
Lisa Grant Executive Director
Position Charter / Job Description
Title - COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
- The position will plan, develop and implement strategies, plans, programs and activities that will increase awareness, understanding, and confidence in the ASA and its strategic priorities, goals and objectives.
- The position will help raise the organization’s public and media profile in Alberta by defining, implementing and managing a new corporation communication strategy and action plan.
- The position will help recruit all demographics of Albertans in the roles of players, coaches, officials and volunteers.
- The Communications Coordinator acts as a consultant, providing communications, marketing, and public relations advice to the ASA’s core business (programs and services) and operational tactics to warrant the delivery of consistent and appropriate messaging regarding program and service execution.
The position reports to the Executive Director (E.D.)
Within such limits as may be established by the E.D. and within the normal operating procedures and policies of the Association, the Communications Coordinator, using sound business judgment, is empowered with the stewardship and accountability for their area of responsibility.
- Corporate Communication Strategy
- Leads the development of the new corporate communications strategy and action plan.
- Identifies issues, from a communications perspective.
- Oversees all communications and marketing activities to ensure established policies, procedures, and guidelines are adhered to.
- Consults with and provides communications, marketing and public relations planning and services to the ASA Board of Directors, Executive Director, staff, committees and members.
- Assists ASA Members with communication strategies that align with ASA
- Assist ASA Members in recruitment campaigns increase registration of players, coaches, officials and volunteers
- Plans and implements corporate promotion.
- Staff representative on Communication Committees.
- Oversee and approve all communications sent via the ASA Central Registry system.
- Be aware of all applicable legislative requirements in regards to privacy and electronic communications Website and Social Media
- Provides a media relations program that supports the ASA’s goals.
- ASA Website management and content creation.
- ASA Social media management and content creation.
- Increase engagement with current ASA Membership and potential
- Increase the ASA presence on social media platforms.
- Oversees all Alberta Soccer website and marketing activities to ensure established policies, procedures, and guidelines are adhered to.
- Website and social media monitoring during work hours.
- Program / Event Promotion
- Visual content creation, i.e. program posters, social media images, guides, etc.
- Approve all promotional material for (special) events and programs operated by Alberta Soccer
- Distribute operational communications regarding the fulfillment of partner contracts, new staffs, etc.
- Operations Support
- Production and distribution of ASA Annual Report.
- Member awards promotions and nominations.
- Support ASA staff in grant research and writing.
- Oversight of all ASA letterheads, brochures, PowerPoint templates, business cards, etc.
- Human Resources
- Contribute to a healthy corporate/team environment that is conducive to high morale and satisfactory interaction between all employees.
- Prepare for and participate in performance appraisals as per Association Policy.
- Participate in ongoing training and/or performance improvement plans as required.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other association functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organizational development.
- Meet and exceed duties outlined above.
- Expand the current Membership base.
- Development and implementation of new Corporate Communication Strategy
- Acts as sparring partner for ASA staff and board for all communication and promotional activities.
- Consistent messaging and branding of Alberta Soccer
- Full and satisfactory contribution to association issues and adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Responsible use of corporate assets.